Odometer

Longest Run so far - 13.1m (21.1km - FULL HALF MARATHON DISTANCE!)
Longest Bike so far - 57.3 miles
Total Bike so far - About 1010 miles (50,000 kcal)

Wednesday 17 August 2011

25 Days To Go!

Well it's 3 and a bit weeks left to go until the big day. Things are shaping up quite nicely.

I managed the full 13.1miles in a training run a couple of weeks back. I planned the route along the tow-path of the Gloucester and Sharpness canal, so at least it would be completely flat. Still, the last 5km was just horrible. My legs were burning. I was tired, hungry and generally just wanted to give up, but I really wanted to complete the full Half Marathon distance.

With about 2km to go I was glad that the canal was almost deserted, simply because it meant I could whinge and swear as much as I wanted! I won't have that luxury in Bristol!


My Half-Marathon Training Run View in a larger map

I made it though, in not-much over 2hrs, with no proper preparation, so it looks good for Bristol. At least now I know what it will feel like too, and the thousands of other people pushing me along should make it a little easier at least! The only downside is that I took too much out of my legs, and I've struggled to run more than about 8km since. Over the weekend, I've rested a bit, so I'll be trying for a couple more runs of around 15-16km before the big day.

There's not much more training to do now, as it will tail off with around a week to go. I'd like to say that it's been fun, but to be honest I haven't found much enjoyment in running past 10km distance...so I'm going to stick to that after this is over. I've got a goal for after the Half Marathon which won't require any greater than 10km...well, not for the running bit anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment