Odometer

Longest Run so far - 13.1m (21.1km - FULL HALF MARATHON DISTANCE!)
Longest Bike so far - 57.3 miles
Total Bike so far - About 1010 miles (50,000 kcal)

Tuesday 2 August 2011

40 Days to go!

I'm a bit frightened really.

I've been doing a lot of training in the gym and on the bike, but not much running, and I think it's starting to show!

Still, I'm up to about 9 miles now (well I've done it twice anyway!) and I've run the hardest bit of the actual Half Marathon route. People who have run the race previously tell me that the drag out on the Portway and back is the hardest part, so I decided to go out and do it on my own, plus a lap of the Bristol Floating Harbour.

It rained. A lot. So much that I don't think I could've been wetter if I'd jumped in the damn harbour. But it was a learning experience, so at least I know where I am. 9 miles is hard, but I can do it in under an hour and a half, so I might be on for my 2hr finish afterall...that's if I can keep off of the sandwiches for another month and a bit!

Please, please, please sponsor me by clicking on the link in the top right. All money goes to Clic, who are a great charity supporting kids with cancer. No amount is too small! Go on, it'll make you feel good for the rest of the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment